Find out more about endangered species Be part of the solution. Support WWF today

~MiSs CyniCal~

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Save the Lions!

Once upon a time, a lion sees a human and the human sees the lion in the vast savanna of Africa.
Human: y not i kill it first? since one of us have to die?
Lion: whats that skinny animal over there? Nah, I'll look a zebra for lunch.. I dont believe in diets
Human: OH damn, I bet the lion thinks I look delicious.
Bang bang!
Lion dies from her random stroll, never sees her cubs again.
Human becomes hero overnight for his kill on his random stroll, passes the story to his future generation, inspiring the young ones.
....
Story happens over and over for 1000 times.
The End.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I want to save lions in Africa. Haha... That's my current impulse. Sounds absurd but I really want to save animals! MAybe I can make that my grad trip... when i told fenella lim abt it she was like "LIONS????" hahahah...
Saw this program which requires volunteers to take care of lion cubs before reintroducing them back into the wild.
Mr lion looks kinda intimidating

Very cute mah! Lion cubs. Just like cats. but bigger.. and gets even BIGGER as time goes by.

The little ones can be very fierce too!




But but but.... There's a problem! In fact there are many problems.

I think I'm too 娇生惯养 to go africa la! If I cant combat those bugs in KE.. what makes me think I can save lions in africa... Bet the bugs there are like bigger, grosser and... fly faster!! eeeewwww. And it is not just the bugs.. volunteer work is never easy, what more you are working with animals. PLus its AFRICA............. was comfortably tucked under my blanket with the aircon on when i started to imagine life in Africa.

Must be real tough.


And it is expensive. I checked the air ticket to south africa is like $2000. The cost of being there for 2 weeks also about $2000. How much does a grad trip usually cost? I think i can lead a very comfortable life in like Taiwan with $4000 to spend for 2 weeks. Dont want to anyhow spend my parent's money...

Dilemma dilemma!

I'll expect this lion saving thing to be very rewarding. hmmmmmmmmm i always want to do weird things.

Maybe this is just going to be a passing thought. Seems all too incredible to come true. haha.

http://www.globalcrossroad.com/wildlife_volunteers/lion_breeding_southafrica.php

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home